This term I have taken on a new position on the International Trade Committee.
The International Trade Committee is responsible for matters relating to the establishment, implementation and monitoring of the Union's common commercial policy and its external economic relations, in particular:
1. financial, economic and trade relations with third countries and regional organisations;
2. the common external tariff and trade facilitation as well as the external aspects of customs provisions and management;
3. the opening, monitoring, conclusion and follow-up of bilateral, multilateral and plurilateral trade agreements governing economic, trade and investment relations with third countries and regional organisations;
4. measures of technical harmonisation or standardisation in fields covered by instruments of international law;
5. relations with the relevant international organisations and international fora on trade-related matters, and with organisations promoting regional economic and commercial integration outside the Union;
6. relations with the WTO, including its parliamentary dimension.
The committee liaises with the relevant interparliamentary and ad hoc delegations for the economic and trade aspects of relations with third countries.
The website of the European Parliament´s International Trade Committee can be found here.
Commissioner for Trade: Cecilia Malmström
The European Commission´s Directorate-General for Trade´s website can be accessed here.